- Are existing staff retrained after any long absences such as long service leave?
- Do employees attend general safety training for issues such as risk management, manual tasks and workplace harassment?
- Has the annual evacuation drill been implemented & recorded?
- Are people’s competency qualifications regularly checked, e.g. are forklift licences current for all forklift operators?
- Do your training records include the name of the trainer and their signature?
- Can a person’s training record be linked to course content, e.g. a SWP?
- Does supervision occur on a regular basis (daily or at set intervals)?
- Do supervisors know how to supervise effectively?
- Do supervisor’s records include the name of the supervisor and their signature?
For employees to be able to complete their duties in a safe way, an employer has obligations to ensure that employees are trained and supervised in the correct manner. This will not only make your employees aware of their safety obligations but will increase their performance and effectiveness in a workplace.prove your existing OHS system: